Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Book Review - Vampire Mine by Kerrelyn Sparks

 
The Love at Stake series is incredible. I bought Vampire Mine several weeks ago and read it in one sitting. It's that good. Connor & Marielle's romance is the kind of story that sticks with you days after you finish.

First, a little background. I started reading the series with the first book, How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire. I totally fell in love w/ the series. Every book is funny and unique. It's good vamps (bagged blood drinkers) against the malcontents (those horrid vamps who bite and kill).

I was really looking forward to reading Vampire Mine and it didn't disappoint! It was fantastic!

As always, Sparks made me laugh-out-loud. The romance between Connor and Marielle was sweet and burning at the same time. The book had several twists that surprised me.

I had wondered how the entire angel/religious theme would work. It worked! Sparks did a fantastic job giving just the right amount of angel innocence along with burning desire. I don't want to give too much away, but I think it was a perfect balancing act.


Several secondary characters made an appearance, including Vanda and her sister from book # 7 (Forbidden Nights with a Vampire), one of my favorites! I love her purple hair. LOL

Vampire Mine continued the underlying battle with the malcontents and opened all new possibilities for future books, but didn't overwhelm the current story.

I recommend reading the first nine books before Vampire Mine not because you need to, but because it will enhance your enjoyment. Yes, if you've never read anything by Kerrelyn Sparks the crew of secondary characters might be a bit confusing, but the love story does stand on its own.

Vampire Mine was a very enjoyable read!






The next book in the Love at Stake series is Gregori's, the flirtatious lover boy in Sexiest Vampire Alive







 P.S. According to Kerrelyn's Facebook page Dr. Phang's story (book #12) is coming soon! Wanted: Undead or Alive ~ I can't wait!!

My favorite picks:


         

My least favorite of the series, but it was still a very good book:
The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, Book 8)

NOTE: I originally posted this review on June 29, 2011 at my very dusty review blog, a blog that I recently closed. On my new dragon scale, I give Vampire Mine a roaring 5 dragons!!





Kerrelyn Sparks at Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent (most popular) Posts