Thursday, February 14, 2013

Book Review - This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost



I love Bones! Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. Jeaniene Frost brings every character to life, but Bones is too awesome for words.


I've read all the Night Huntress Novels, beginning with Halfway to the Grave. Bones and Cat's relationship keeps getting better and better. It is evolving along with each story.

I must admit, I've had This Side of the Grave sitting in my To Read pile for over a month. I simply couldn't bring myself to read about the New Orleans' ghouls. - Not a big fan of ghouls - That was such a huge mistake, because I loved this book! (I decided to give it a try after The Vampire Club recommended it.)


~ minor spoiler alert ~


It was fast paced and had several twists I never saw coming. Of course, I cried when a certain person died. Yeah, death follows Cat around like a shadow. Never fear, it's turns out to be a great twist in her continuing story line.

Mencheres & Kira from Eternal Kiss of Darkness appeared as secondary characters. So did Vlad! I'm really looking forward to his story! I think it's due at the end of December. 

Also, (hint, hint) I really want Ian to have his own story. He needs someone special in his life.


Complete Series:

         The next Night Huntress novel is One Grave at a Time on Aug. 30th ~ I can't wait!! I love the cover. It's simply gorgeous!


NOTE: I originally posted this review on June 27, 2011 at my very dusty review blog, a blog that I recently closed. On my new dragon scale, I give This Side of the Grave a roaring 5 dragons!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent (most popular) Posts