Saturday, November 10, 2012

Author Interview: T.D. Wilson

T.D. Wilson was born in 1968 in Troy, Ohio and has been an avid fan of science fiction and fantasy from a very young age. His early thirst for adventure began as he explored many of the great stories of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Always looking for new adventures, he turned to JRR Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings series and the works of C.S. Lewis, particularly The Chronicles of Narnia series. Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Orson Scott Card’s Ender Series, and the works of Ray Bradbury count among his favorites for science fiction, but he can usually be found at the bookstore picking up the latest books from Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, R.A. Salvatore, or Jim Butcher. Today, Mr. Wilson still lives in Ohio with his wife and their two sons.

What genre do you write? Why?

Science Fiction/Fantasy. Why? Technology enthusiast, geek, former RPG gamer, you name it.

What inspires you?
My family. Wonderful wife and two great kids. Also like to use writing to promote awareness to medical conditions. This first series has references to Parkinson's, a disease my father is currently battling. Another series I am beginning for National Novel Writing Month will feature asthma, something my kids both struggle with.

Do you use an outline or just start writing?
I usually create a background, brief outline, but I use spreadsheet pages to help describe setting and character backgrounds

What is your next project? 
Urban Fantasy series called Memoirs of a Fallen Angel

What is your favorite food?
Bratwurst

Do you write full time or part time?
Part time. I work full time and have a busy family, so if part time what you call the spare minutes between kids going to sleep and me hitting the pillow, then yes, I write part time.

When did you start writing? 
I have been been writing on the technical side of things for years, including writing for technical certification blog a few years back. As for fiction writing, I created several adventures back in my old gaming days, but novel writing didn't start in earnest until a few years back.

What is your favorite book?
Tough one. Loved any Sherlock Holmes book or offshoot I could get. There are so many sci-fi/fantasy books that I love too, that it's too hard to pick just one.

The Epherium Chronicles: Embrace by T.D. Wilson
















Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheEpheriumChronicles
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TDWilson3
Amazon Author Page

Find The Epherium Chronicles: Embrace by T.D. Wilson at Amazon / Smashwords

2 comments:

  1. I will definetely have to check your book out, my great grandfather had parkinson's as well as my aunt and my grandfather! For my grandfather, who just died a year ago, it was back and forth, Drs couldn't completely determine if it was Parkinsons or Huningtons! Enjoy your evening and best of luck with your books!
    allysonbrann06 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson,

    Sorry I didn't see your comment earlier. Parkinson's is a life changing disease and I see my father struggle with it every day. My second book in the series, Crucible is dedicated to him and others like him still putting up the good fight, just to overcome.

    ReplyDelete

Recent (most popular) Posts