Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Author Interview: Alexes Razevich

What genre do you write?
My first novel, Khe, is a dystopian science fantasy, which is a mouthful, but the only way to describe it.  I was interested in exploring topics that aren’t the usual for this kind of fiction and not at all interested in obeying the “rules” of any particular genre.  I’m afraid I have a bit of an authority problem, and it comes through in my work.

Do you use an outline or just start writing?
I’ve written both with and without outlining first.  For me, outlining is definitely better.  I tend to either get stuck or stray all over the place without having mapped things out first. On the other hand, when I was writing Khe, the last line came to me about halfway through the actual writing and never was in the outline.  It made all the difference in where the story went.

When did you start writing?
I had a wonderful fourth grade teacher named Mrs. Hoffman who assigned the class to write a poem.  I wrote a blatant rip-off of Carl Sandburg’s “The Fog,” but Mrs. Hoffman praised the imagery.  Later that year, she had us write a play.  I jumped at the opportunity to tell a whole story.  My play was one of three chosen to be performed by the class.  There was no going back after that.   From that first poem to my first published novel, fifty years passed, but I wrote through all of them—poems, short stories, unpublished novels, promotional literature, press releases, sales brochures, you name it.  As long as I’m putting words on a page, I’m happy.

Where can we find your book?
Khe is an Amazon exclusive.  You can find it here in the US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00987OLVU and here, in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Khe-ebook/dp/B00987OLVU.  You can also find me on Twitter @lxsraz.


Khe by Alexes Razevich















Twitter: https://twitter.com/lxsraz

Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent (most popular) Posts